Welcome Dears, Much Appreciated!!

Friday, October 8, 2010

Let Frogs be Frogs and Princes be A**holes!! And Go Out and find yourself!!

"Instead of making a list for an ideal man, make a list of what you feel
the ideal woman should be and make sure you fit the profile before
critiquing someone else. Never... require what you can’t give in return."-Clutch Magazine Online. I know its been awhile since I've written but this quote really struck a cord with me. Most of us,women, have grown up with the Disney movies and the "Chick Flicks" that tell us that our prince charming is out there and that we may need to kiss a few frogs or possibly find a frog and he'll turn into a prince after a few of our kisses. OH COME ON!!! GET WITH IT!! Ladies maybe the guy is ok with just being a frog and he doesn't want some,self proclaimed(by herself and her daddy) Princess try to turn him into her Prince. Not only that but its quite a daunting task for a princess,I'm just saying. And it would seem to me that hoping to turn a frog into a prince is quite similar to settling, and haven't they always told us NOT TO SETTLE?!!

Now lets talk about these so-called "Princes". First of all, if you go out looking for a Prince believe me you won't find him!! Yes gurl I know!! I've found these so-called "princes" and yeah brothas were fine!!! They were smart, had the finances, the job, the degrees, they got it all. One problem, these men know they got all that!! They also know that us women are looking for that Prince Charming so don't get it twisted,if you think you are getting played by this "Prince" umm...girl...YOU ARE!! And lets keep it 100, these so-called "Princes" they aren't going to regret it when you are gone. You know why because, they know there is another "you",by that I mean self-proclaimed princess looking for her prince, out there.

I'm not giving anyone relationship advice because I'm the last one to give that, I'm awful at committed relationships,hell I'm kind of bad at uncommitted relationships. But I'm bad at those by choice. But over the years the relationship that has approved the most is the one I have with myself. And as that relationship approved I noticed the other relationships approved as well.I was fortunate enough to meet a very nice young man a few years ago,but unfortunately the relationship I had with myself wasn't very good so I only saw him in terms of "Prince or Frog". He is no Frog nor is he a Prince,but he is just fine being exactly who he is, a nice young man.

I suggest we all let go(or at least try) of this idea of the Prince and The Frog. Despite what pop culture and Disney would like us to think, frogs are AMPHIBIANS and if you kiss them you risk getting a pretty nasty rash and princes either wear ALOT OF PURPLE or exist in countries that are NOT AMERICA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment